STATEMENT OF FAITH
1) We believe the Bible is the Word of God; inspired and without error in its original manuscripts. It is our only source of authority in matters of faith, conduct, and truth. (II Tim. 3:16-17)
2) We believe there is one eternal God, personal and knowable, who manifests Himself in three distinct Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is worthy of our worship, confidence, and obedience. (Deut. 6:4, Rev. 4:8, Gen. 28:15, Mat. 10:29-31, I John 1-3, II Cor. 13:14, II Sam 22:2, II Sam 22:4, Rev. 4:11, II Tim. 2:19, Rom. 12:2)
3) We believe in Jesus Christ, Gods only begotten son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, teachings, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth. (Mat. 1:18, II Cor. 5:21, Heb. 7:25, Acts 1:9-11)
4) We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict the lost of sin, righteousness and judgment; place and seal the believer in the Body of Christ, and make real the productive things of Christ in the believer's life. We do not believe that any particular or special gift is necessary evidence of salvation or of being filled with the Holy Spirit; although we do believe in the gifting and exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Luke 11:13, I Cor. 12:4-11)
5) We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit; perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully with the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Psalm 86:15, Romans 6:23)
6) We believe that every person is born with a sin nature, is spiritually dead and cannot please God until Christ gives him eternal life. We believe that salvation from sin, death and hell is by Gods grace. It must be received by faith apart from any human performance or merit. It is a free gift of God to anyone who personally places his confidence in the Lord Jesus and His finished work on the cross. We believe a truly born-again person is secure in Christ. (Gen. 6:5, II Chron. 6:36, John 8:7-9, Mark 1:7, John 10:27-9, Heb. 9:28, Luke 20:35-8, Psalm 16:10, Eph. 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Acts 11:17, John 1:29, Gal. 2:20)
Did You Know...? There are two things you can do in your family that can make a tremendous difference in your children embracing a life-long relationship with Christ! The first thing that clinical studies show for teens who have a thriving faith is that while they were growing up, they did some kind of service as a family. That could be a missions trip, helping serve a meal at a homeless shelter, volunteering to build a house, serving at church together, or showing up occasionally to encourage the people at a nearby nursing home. Service really breaks the ice with kids when it comes to their faith! And what's the second thing? Children who maintain a strong faith all the way through their teen and college years, tend to come from homes where the parents intentionally aim to live out Deut. 6:5-7 (see below). "Outsourcing" the education of our children isn't seeing kids stay strong in their faith, because IT'S THE PARENTS WHO ARE TO BE THE CONSISTENT SPIRITUAL TRAINERS IN THEIR HOME!
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
Copyright . Desert Hills Christian Homeschoolers. All rights reserved.